Friday, August 20, 2010

Disney Again!

July was a busy month with various activities. But, one of the funnest was a revisit to Disney World. We were blessed to make the trip with Yaya, my aunt, my cousin and her daughter, and a dear family friend. It was a fast and furious trip, but the kiddos enjoyed it so much. This was the first time for Ali to ride on a plane. Well, it was the first trip that Jon David remembers too . . . they did really well, and I was pleased to give them a preview for our LONG trip overseas. My favorite memory of this trip was on the plane ride home. Ali begins to sing "Step by Step", forgets the words, and asks me to help her. I lean over quietly and sing the words for her. She confronts me because I am "not singing with all of my heart. And, that makes God happy." I explain to her the setting on the plane dictates that we be polite and not disturb our neighbors. She proceeds to lean over to the older gentleman sitting next to me and asks, "Do you mind if we sing to God?" He smiles and tells her that likes to sing to God too. She then invites him to sing with her. (He didn't know the song but was precious listening to her!) Once again, my kiddo reminds me that faith should be obvious and apparent to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs