Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Poses of a Princess . . .

Well, Ali is a completely different creature from the boys. Having witnessed the debate of nature versus nurture, I really wondered how different this little girl was going to be from her brothers. I knew I was predisposing her somewhat to being a "girly girl" with my fascination with pink, bows, and baby dolls. But, come on! I didn't make her this much a girly girl. Some of this has to be natural! Ali is all GIRL. She will turn three on Tuesday and has more dolls than is respectable. She loves each one and would take in any orphan who came her way. (That means she will pick up ANY baby who appears to be lost--the ones in the parking lot at Wal-Mart or in the waiting room at the doctor's office. YUCK!) Ali loves to match her clothes from the bows in her hair to the socks on her feet. She has certain outfits that she prefers. Why? Because she remembers that Mr. Terry (the greeter at Wal-Mart) told her she looked cute in that one. Or, her Papa told her she was looked "very pitty" in that dress. Her first mission after dressing on Sunday mornings is to show her daddy how "pitty" she looks. Oh yeah, she's a girly girl. Ali has the boys in her life wrapped around her finger. She insists on calling her daddy at least once each day to talk. She squeals when he comes home and loves to "show him sumthink" in her room. She just needs her daddy-fix. Although her brothers don't cater to her every whim, they are the first to defend her to one another or to the bully at the park. I truly fear for the safety of the boys who break her heart. Big brothers are already on patrol. I am enjoying having a daughter so much. We love to bake together, fold laundry, go shopping, or pick flowers. I find myself slowing down more each day to enjoy a little more cuddling time because she is my last baby. You will often find me in her room during nap holding my baby while she holds hers. Thank you God for my princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs