Monday, May 16, 2011

It's almost here!

I must say that I am anxious for summer more than any other year . . . at least that I can remember. My kids have had tough semesters getting back into routines after our overseas travel. They've had to play catch-up at school for much of our time back, and, to be honest, we're done with that! SOOO very done. As a parent, I know that school is an important, vital part of my kids' development on many fronts . . . spiritually, socially and academically to name the big three. However, I am SO convinced that school is only a small part of their education. Having spent three months traveling abroad, I see the value in having my kids experience the world and other cultures. I witnessed their growth while being with peoples different from them. (In age, gender, cultures, societies, etc.) I also see the value of having them with me. Nathan and I have missed the consistent time that traveling mandated. Although it was tiresome at times, I miss knowing that my kids are two rows back on the bus or plane. I miss knowing what most all their conversations were about . . . I miss knowing whether they ate their lunch . . . I miss tweaking Caleb's hair or smooching JD's freckles. I just miss my kiddos. So, as I prepare for a busy summer spent with my family, I am ever ready to be with them all day, most every day. I pledge to eat with, read to, cuddle with, and smooch my kiddos over the coming three months. Just one more week . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs