Monday, May 23, 2011

Up with the birds . . .

Nathan is teaching his yearly intersession class--ornithology or birding. He LOVES this time of year when he gets paid to do something he loves by teaching others how to enjoy birds too. However, it's a difficult two weeks for us both. Nathan has to be out of the house by 6 a.m. which makes for an e.a.r.l.y morning. He can't go to sleep earlier (night owl that he is) to compensate for his early mornings, and I can't go back into a deep sleep once he leaves in the a.m. Not to mention that I must be up early enough to get all of us ready for school drop-off. I am reminded during these two weeks how blessed I am to have the luxury of staying home and splitting the morning routine with him.
As I lay in bed and hear the birds and NOT the rumble of kiddos in the house, I am reminded how often Jesus rose early to meet with the Lord. I must admit that the early hours offer peace and solitude that I can't find any other time. I long to find that peace too . . . I just have to give up that extra few minutes of sleep. That is one of my goals this summer--finding time to commune each morning (instead of in the chaos of the night) with the Lord. We'll see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs