Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Grandparents

Nathan's parents were here several days last week. They have returned home from their time in China and plan to retire in Fredonia, KS. Our kiddos really enjoyed their time with Gma and Gpa Mills. They don't know them well as much of the last six years they have been spent overseas. It's difficult to KNOW someone with only a few days of interaction over the course of any given year. But, in spite of that, my kiddos are making lasting memories with them. From this most recent visit, I am confident they will remember the trip to watch the AR Travelers play baseball (see next post), the time spent playing loads of board games, and the adventure picking blackberries. It's always times like this that make me think of my special times with grandparents who are all deceased now. I can remember baking various things with both grandmas. I think back to picking veggies in Grandpa Jack's garden. I remember their smells (some good, some bad). I remember their mannerisms (again, some good, some bad). I cherish each memory and pray my kiddos have many more opportunities to make memories with their grandparents.

1 comment:

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs