Thursday, June 9, 2011

Super Heroes

I have this thing for Super Hero movies. Some of my earliest memories of movie going are of the Superman movies with Christopher Reeves. I can remember the TV series of Wonder Woman as far back as 4-5 years old. And, who could forget Saturday morning with the Justice League. I can track the heroes throughout the many phases of my life . . . So, why do I have this "thing" for them?
I believe super heroes are the knight-in-shining-armor of our modern world. I love the fact that he (sometimes she) comes in to save not only the girl but so often the town, state, or world. I love that a man can wear tights and make no apologies. I love that I ask Nathan to take me to see a movie from this genre and know that it won't be met with a groan. I love knowing that it's acceptable to many in our society for the strong (usually handsome and mysterious) guy to save and protect the girl. I am one of those girls who likes to be saved and protected! :)
So, this summer I am excited to see many new super hero movies: Thor, Green Lantern, Captain America. The reality is that I won't get to the theater to see them all on the big screen, but I assure you that my husband will MUCH more likely want to see a man in tights in these movies than a man in tights in a ballet, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs